Tuesday, October 12, 2004
`Superman' Star Christopher Reeve Dies
BEDFORD, N.Y. - Christopher Reeve, the star of
the "Superman" movies whose near-fatal riding
accident nine years ago turned him into a
worldwide advocate for spinal cord research, died
Sunday of heart failure, his publicist said. He was
52.
Reeve fell into a coma Saturday after going into
cardiac arrest while at his New York home, his
publicist, Wesley Combs told The Associated
Press by phone from Washington, D.C., on
Sunday night. His family was at his side at the
time of death
"On behalf of my entire family, I want to thank
Northern Westchester Hospital for the excellent
care they provided to my husband," Dana Reeve,
Christopher's wife, said in a statement. "I also
want to thank his personal staff of nurses and
aides, as well as the millions of fans from around
the world who have supported and loved my
husband over the years."
"Look, I've flown, I've become evil, loved, stopped
and turned the world backward, I've faced my
peers, I've befriended children and small animals
and I've rescued cats from trees," Reeve told the
Los Angeles Times in 1983. "What else is there
left for Superman to do that hasn't been done?"
BEDFORD, N.Y. - Christopher Reeve, the star of
the "Superman" movies whose near-fatal riding
accident nine years ago turned him into a
worldwide advocate for spinal cord research, died
Sunday of heart failure, his publicist said. He was
52.
Reeve fell into a coma Saturday after going into
cardiac arrest while at his New York home, his
publicist, Wesley Combs told The Associated
Press by phone from Washington, D.C., on
Sunday night. His family was at his side at the
time of death
"On behalf of my entire family, I want to thank
Northern Westchester Hospital for the excellent
care they provided to my husband," Dana Reeve,
Christopher's wife, said in a statement. "I also
want to thank his personal staff of nurses and
aides, as well as the millions of fans from around
the world who have supported and loved my
husband over the years."
"Look, I've flown, I've become evil, loved, stopped
and turned the world backward, I've faced my
peers, I've befriended children and small animals
and I've rescued cats from trees," Reeve told the
Los Angeles Times in 1983. "What else is there
left for Superman to do that hasn't been done?"
Posted by Murte at 6:39 AM